Step 1: Get the Windows driver
Follow these directions to install the Windows driver, then return to this page and continue to Step 2.
Step 2: Download the Arduino IDE
Even if you already have the Arduino IDE, it's likely too old. Download the required version here:Download the IDE - 193 MB .zip
Once that file has downloaded, unzip and install it.
Step 3: Download & Install the Pinoccio Libraries
- Download this file: Pinoccio libraries - 2.3 MB .zip
- While that's downloading, locate the following directories on your computer. If they don't exist yet, create them:
- My Documents\Arduino\hardware
- My Documents\Arduino\libraries
- Unzip the file that you just downloaded, and inside you should see two folders: hardware and libraries.
- Move the contents of the hardware folder into the hardware directory on your computer.
- Move the contents of the libraries folder into the libraries directory on your computer.
Step 4: Set up the IDE
- Plug your Pinoccio Scout into your computer's USB.
- Open the Arduino IDE.
- Go to the Tools menu and select:
- Board > Pinoccio Scout
- Go to the Tools menu again and select:
- Serial Port > COMx
Step 5: Play!
Now you can start controlling your Scout via the IDE.
- Example sketches are under:
- File > Examples > Pinoccio
- Select an example sketch, like BlinkRGB, and click the Upload button.
Step 6: Load the Bootstrap Sketch
If you want to control your Scout using ScoutScript:
- Open the main sketch in:
- File > Sketchbook > libraries > pinoccio > Bootstrap
- Click the Upload button.